There’s nothing quite like the start of fall. Seasonal flavors at your favorite coffee shops, changing colors on the leaves, and a sense of nostalgia in the crisp air are just a few of the many reasons this season is so welcomed by all. When it comes to fashion, it’s the season for layers, textures, and really owning your style.
With fall fashion week now behind us, it’s time to break down this season’s hottest trends and how you can incorporate them into your own wardrobe.
1. LeatherYou might not be surprised that leather is at the top of the list since leather jackets are almost a symbol of the transition from summer to fall. But on the runway, many prolific designers are reimagining this lusted-after material. Instead of traditional jackets or pants, leather skirts of all lengths and layers are taking the fall season by storm! Designers like Proenza Schouler take on a more layered, asymmetrical approach while Altuzarra keeps a more streamlined, structured design.
Since this trend offers so much versatility in style, it’s a no-brainer to invest in. Make sure you pick up one of your favorite looks before the end of the season. The timeless look of leather also makes it a perfect investment because you’ll be able to hold onto it for years to come and wear it with confidence.
Get the look: The Amanda Maria Leather Snap SkirtMade from butter-soft, supple genuine leather, this skirt will take your fall wardrobe to new heights with little effort. Available in both navy and black, it’s lined for comfort and even has pockets!
Pair it with a cozy cropped sweater or a light, airy cotton top. Give off-duty model vibes with some chic flats or take it to the next level with your favorite heeled boots or pumps.
2. Wide leg trousersAnother popular trend this season is the wide-leg pant, which is always good news for those who like to put a little power into their stride. This is another versatile staple item that you can pair with all your favorite tops and accessories. With suiting being another popular trend this year, you can get the best of both with the right pair of wide-leg trousers. Make sure you choose one with comfortable material so you can look the part without sacrificing comfort.
Get the look: Amanda Maria Pocket PantThe Amanda Maria pocket pant is going to quickly become one of your favorite wardrobe staples. Made from a wrinkle-resistant crepe with just a little bit of resistance, it’ll hug your figure in all the right places. Cropped at the ankle, you can still show off some of your favorite shoes of the season.
Whether you’re working from home or going into the office, you can style these for any situation and feel comfortable.
3. MetallicsSomething you’re sure to see this year are metallics wherever they can be worked into a collection. From handbags and accessories to dresses and pants, metallics are the statement items that will make your fall wardrobe the envy of your most stylish friends. The hardest part about making these styles work in your wardrobe is choosing something that offers a unique twist but still has enough versatility to justify an investment.
Get the look: Amanda Maria Metallic Mock Neck Top and JoggersAs you can see, the Amanda Maria collection is carefully designed so that unexpected pieces can coordinate beautifully. Our metallic top and joggers are constructed from a lightweight, stretchy, ribbed fabric with an icy shine. The mock neck top provides a slouchy fit that gets snug in the right spots, perfect for tucking into high-waisted pants or leaving it flowing free. Our joggers provide a comfortable cut with pocket details and a snug elastic fit at the ankle. Tuck them into your favorite ankle boots or pair them with sneakers for a laid-back chic look.To see more on metallics and who showcased them at the hottest runway shows this year, check out our trend report here!
4. Midi skirtsLeather skirts aren’t getting all the attention this season—midi skirts of all colors, textures, and styles took over this year as a major player in Fall fashion. Dress them up for work or nighttime, or pair them with something a little more casual for a chic but comfortable day out. From silk and leather pleats to smooth and textured knits, midi skirts are a must for any well-rounded fall wardrobe.
Get the look: Amanda Maria Pleated and Knit Midi SkirtsRegardless of your personal style, there’s a perfect midi skirt for everyone at Amanda Maria. Carefully constructed with comfort in mind, you’ll feel just as good as you look.
Our pleated skirt features a side zipper and a cinched wait for the best fit, along with permanent pleats so you always achieve the look you want.
Knit skirts are perfect for dressing up or down, and the elastic waist makes them easy to wear all day!
5. Soft knitsThere’s nothing cozier than the feeling of a high-quality knit as the cold weather starts to set in—luckily, knitwear is just as relevant as ever this fall season. Aside from a classic knit skirt, consider adding some other cozy staples to your closet. From oversized cardigans to your next go-to sweater, there are plenty of ways to work in knits.
Get the look: Amanda Maria Half Ribbed Cream Sweater and CardiganEvery woman needs a high-quality sweater they can throw on whenever they need a chic touch to an outfit. Don’t think about it as something you can just throw on with jeans, be creative and pair it with our metallic joggers or even a pleated skirt.
If you aren’t in the mood to commit to a sweater all day or night, our long cardigan is the perfect ally for a cute outfit in the colder months.
No matter what you decide to invest in this season, what matters most is that you feel confident and comfortable. For high-quality pieces that never go out of style, check out the full Amanda Maria Fall Collection here!